Monday, May 16, 2016

Last weekend, late at night...

...a train out of Paddington heading west, to spend a weekend with the Anderson family.  Clare and I work together on feature programmes for EWTN, and are shortly off to Rome on a new venture...it has involved a great deal of work and some anxiety as previous features  have gone well and we are keen to make this one the best yet...

I'd spent the morning with Tadeusz, our brilliant producer/director, then hurried back across the suburbs to tackle a range of domestic duties at home  including mowing the grass and tidying up our small London garden, in great heat, and hanging out washing, and more...while mentally still busy on the TV work.Then  back into town, and at Paddington I bought a Spectator and settled on the train to relax and read for 40 mins...which was fine until I found I was marooned at Reading with no connecting train for over an hour, and everything running late...and my mobile phone in uncertain health, and my computer dead.

But people are kind. On this and subsequent days, I found people ready to offer the use of a mobile phone, info about trains, etc etc...

The Anderson family car arriving on a rescue mission was a glad sight.  Then a long pleasant weekend of work and talk and planning, interspersed with family meals and talk and laughter.

And on returning to London, the computer problem sorted out by a wonderful nephew...see blog post below...

No comments: