Sunday, July 02, 2017

A London summer weekend...

...began w. the Mass that is held on the first Saturday of every month here, honouring Our Lady of Walsingham.  In place of the Bidding Prayers, we go to the Lady Altar, place ourselves spiritually at Walsingham  and say the Walsingham Prayer...

Afterwards, there is coffee and chat, and sometimes a talk on some aspect of Walsingham...

Then I went off to do some work, having brought my laptop with me. Like many another Londoner, I sit in coffee-shops and work...

In the afternoon I returned to the church briefly, as there was a wedding - at which, for the first time, an embroidered kneeler made by Auntie, was to be used. It's a special design, showing wedding bells and two interlocking rings, and  so on...I have been working on it, during train journeys, and in quiet moments, for the past several weeks...it was nice to see it in use, although I just stood briefly at the back of the crowded church before hurrying off...

In the evening, NIGHTFEVER at St Patrick's, Soho. To get a sense of what it's like, you could read the latest issue of OREMUS magazine, in which I have written a description of it all...

No comments: